Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday weather 19th July - Willow Vale



Westerly winds have returned today cooling the clear sunshine outside. I don't mind the cooler sunny days, but it would be a lot nicer without the gusting winds.


I'm behind in my pruning now with the mulberry tree taking on a distinct green flush of fresh new leaves. The timing of these garden jobs are really determined by the plants and weather I imagine....prune the peach trees before the new blossom, prune the mulberry before new leaf burst..oh well.

We had some rain on the weekend a good downpour to soak the garden again and top up the water tanks. There have been a lot of birds in the garden this winter, today I had two first time sightings, a Forest Kingfisher in spectacular shades of turquoise and electric blue, and a White headed Pigeon.


Strong winds are forecast for the next couple of days, hopefully all the trees will cope with another blast.

No comments: