Thursday, January 27, 2011

Heat and ideas of weather.

We have had a series of hot days in the mid 30s and I feel a little like this sun flower - stooped and past my prime.
Unlike Brisbane where the heat is often relentless at this time of the year we have been getting cool nights with the mist coming with a cool change at 6 or 7pm.
I've also been thinking a lot about my reaction to the weather since my visit to Brisbane last week. I was reminded of the 1974 floods when I lived there. So often weather conditions, like smells, do bring back memories.
My ideas about weather have been challenged in the last few weeks when there have been floods and storms in Qld, NSW and Vic, high temperatures and bushfires in WA and rough weather off the coast resulting in deaths when freak waves swept people out to sea in southern NSW. I haven't been affected by any of these events but I no longer feel that I 'know' the weather.

No comments: