Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Burrawang Tuesday 25 October

Misty Burrawang 7 am.

I have never enjoyed hot weather and when I lived in Brisbane there were two dates I associated with summer. Melbourne Cup Day usually heralded the end of comfortable weather and cool nights and if it was still hot on Anzac Day we had experienced a long hot summer. There was often a  heatwave in October after a brief spring.
 This year I spent much of October in Victoria and last week there were several days of hot dry weather, an October heatwave, there. Unlike the sticky heat waves in Brisbane the lack of humidity made the warm days very pleasant.
Returning to Burrawang on Thursday, the warm weather continued and I was lamenting the end of spring as I used to in Brisbane. But as a cool change moved in with the some rain last night the mist rolled in and  the garden is refreshed.

No comments: