Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weather Tuesday 11th October - Montsalvat

I haven't experienced the cliched four seasons in one day yet in Melbourne, more like two and a half. This morning was cool enough that I could see the warm vapour of my breath. The day warmed up with some lovely sunshine, interspersed with the occasional overcast period. Light rain fell in the afternoon with the air temperature dropping rapidly as soon as sunlight was gone. I must say it has been very pleasant the last week, with fine days and warm sunshine, not much wind and only occasional showers. I brought all my woollies expecting cold, but so far there hasn't been much need....we'll see how the next week goes.
Melbourne is looking beautifully green with trees unfurling fresh Spring leaves and bursts of colorful flowers filling garden beds. One thing I have noticed is how clear the air is without humidity or heat haze to 'fuzz' the horizon.

No comments: