Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Burrawang Tuesday 31 May 3PM


Weather is relative. While from my point of view the cooler nights experienced in SE Queensland cannot really be thought of as cold, my complaints about the last few days of driving rain will seem very indulgent to those who have experienced floods earlier this year.

However, the rain gauge is overflowing.


The 10ft verandahs have been inundated by wind driven rain.


And, there are puddles in the garden



We had friends from Brisbane for lunch on the weekend and I felt a bit sad as the winter garden with its bare trees and cut back perennials looked very gloomy. As I walked through the garden to take todays weather images I noticed the lichens on the bare branches and the flowering camellias which light up the winter garden.





No comments: